Friday, March 20, 2015

Another solid go in CDI GP for Victor!

Today Victor and I had another very solid, active go in the GP, I was very happy with him.  In some ways he actually went better today than he did in Burbank but I had a couple expensive mistakes and the panel was generally not very forgiving of mistakes!  I was happy with how active and on the aids he was, despite the heat (it wasn't that hot, but we just aren't at all acclimated to it!).  I had a couple rhythm bobbles in the trot extensions and expensive mistakes in the one-time changes.  Leslie was pleased with it and she's hard to please. :)

I just lunged Bolero this evening, although I rode him for quite a while yesterday.  He had settled down quite a bit from the first day, but I wanted to make sure and school him in every arena.  It took him a while to go to work and he still wants to spook at every set of flowers next to the letters.  He was good though and the changes were uneventful.  Leslie had had me ride shoulder-in the day before with Victor, then straighten his neck (turning it into a leg yield) and keep him off the inside leg and/or increase or decrease the trot.  It helped get him more through and more honest to the aids.  I did the same with Bolero and it was very helpful for the spooking.

Tomorrow Bolero has his first Third level test.  Hopefully he's on good behavior!  My goal is to get around the arena without took much drama, anything more than that will be icing on the cake. :)  I also plan on having another lesson on Victor with Leslie and see if we can fine-tune a few things for the freestyle.  Then we should probably find a grocery store.  I'm out of beer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment