Monday, February 16, 2015

Arrived safely at overnight location in Bishop, CA

Today was a pretty long day of driving but we arrived safe and sound in Bishop, CA, after about 11 hours.  The weather was perfect the entire way, relatively warm and dry and no precipitation or wind.  Good weather conditions make the drive so much easier!  We did see some wild burros on the way, out in the middle of Nowheresville, Nevada (actually off of highway 360).

Once we arrived, the boys settled in very quickly at the Tri-County Fairgrounds and I gave them their evening beet pulp/rice bran smoothie (I had been soaking the beet pulp on the drive down).  It wasn't super warm here but pleasant, low 70s in the late afternoon and sunny with a light breeze. 

I do have a little concern about my truck brakes as they slipped a little at one point coming off a hill.  I just had new brake pads installed before this trip (both front and rear) so I'm wondering if the brakes shimmied because previous residue wasn't cleaned off the rotor surface.  At least that's what it sounded like based on my Google research.  Nevertheless there's a Ford dealer here in Bishop and I'll take it in first thing and have them check out the brakes.  Unfortunately there's no Chevy or GMC dealer for 100 miles or so (my truck is a GMC).

Tomorrow the drive is quite a bit shorter, only about 5 hours or so to Burbank.  It will be nice to finish traveling and be settled in at the show grounds.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for the brakes & I hope the rest of the journey to Burbank is uneventful and that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete