Thursday, December 3, 2015

Flying to Florida tomorrow!!!

Everything is pretty much set for our flight to Florida tomorrow.  After riding this morning I repacked everything and got it all organized for our trip.  I try to pack as minimally as possible when on a plane ride, partly because they don't like you taking tons of stuff and partly because I don't like having to keep track of that much stuff anyway.  I managed to condense my saddle, bridles, various blankets, wraps, extra towels, various grooming equipment, my show clothes, and other miscellaneous items into one large tack trunk.  I also have a small container with pre-made grain baggies for the trip, a couple chairs, my boots, a large tote with saddle pads, another tote with my show coat and helmet and a spare set of boots (in case of zipper crisis), my braiding box, a muck bucket packed with a feed bin, a couple water buckets, various small buckets and washing equipment, a manure fork, my whip, a couple suitcases with clothes and toiletries and a partridge in a pear tree LOL.  I also make sure to bring a list of everything I put on the plane, so I can check it off and make sure I pick everything up.


We are supposed to arrive at the airline gate tomorrow at 5am, so Amanda and I are planning on leaving W Farms at 4:15am.  Ontario is actually pretty close, only about 30 minutes away, but it's a good idea to plan in some extra time.  The weather is going to be cold on the plane, once we get in the air, so Victor will travel in a cooler topped with a lightweight blanket.  I always put a pair of bell-boots on him although I'm not sure it's really necessary.  Makes me feel better though.


We should arrive in Palm Beach International around 3:30pm.  According to Lana it is hot in Florida right now (about 80 degrees) and very wet.  It is forecast to rain quite a bit over the next few days, but it's supposed to hover between 70 and 80 most of the time.  Yuck!!  Hot, humid, and raining!  Good thing we had a few days here in California to at least get used to the heat again, if not the humidity.  Yesterday it was 23 in Boise!


My next post will be from (sunny, or not) Florida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment